RSOLNM and Titus House are raffling off a Handmade, Queen size quilt (pictures below). This quilt was made and donated by a member. Ticket sales have already begun and will continue until the end of November. If you would like to purchase a ticket/s for $5.00. Please contact Nadine at 662-998-2562, for a list of places tickets will be sold and when, or Don and Alice at 505-286-8807. Unfortunately we are not able to process online sales at this time.
Drawing will be held on November 30th. Winner will be notified by phone and arrangements for pickup/delivery can be made.
Funds received to be used for Legal fund & Titus House
The quilt is queen sized, measuring 104 inches by 94 inches. Each half of the quilt is three layers thick, so 6 layers total. Maroon with floral print on front, two shades of blue on back.
Update BOD 9/14/13
Just a quick note to let everyone know that Our Board of Directors meeting was held on 9/14/13 and some of the results follow.
- We discussed ongoing endeavors for the betterment of our group and cause. One thing was our continued attempts to raise moneys needed for a Retro-activity Laws suit. We have raised some money that will be matched but not yet enough to file suit. We have been given some more time by our matching donor to collect as much as possible.
So we are once again asking for your help, if you haven’t already donated to the legal fund then Please do so now. If you have already donated, “Thank You” and maybe you could find some more.
2. We have only received 3 New Name suggestions, so we are asking once more for Ideas.
3. We also decided that our Support Group prior to Meetings will continue as is until we can find a Support Group Coordinator. So if you would like to fill this volunteer position please let us know.
4. Board of Director elections are coming, anyone interested in running for open position or any position, please fill free to contact us for instructions and requirements at: email@example.com
5. We are completely set to hold teleconference meeting in the near future. We will be announcing when in advance and how to participate.
6. We also discussed methods in which we can better able to track when Membership fees are due. This will allow us to notify you ahead of time that it is time again to show your support. This is mostly for those of you who have pledged monthly payments. Sometimes we forget if we don’t see the bill so to speak. We were hoping for a nice female voice to make reminder calls, but as of yet that hasn’t happened. So if you here my bullfrog voice don’t be alarmed.
Also if you or anyone would like to make a onetime contribution please do so online at our Web page RSOLNM.org or mail it to RSOL-NM, P.O. Box 36123, Alb, NM 87176. Please specify General Fund or Legal Fund.
BE ADVISED there will be a IMPORTANT ALERT e-mailed and Posted within hours of this. This will need your attention.
Saturday 9-14-13 BOD meeting
Agenda for RSOL New Mexico
Board of Directors Meeting
September 14, 2013 at 2:30 p.m.
UNM School of Law Room 2403
2:30 to 3:15 Introduction of attendees followed by “Open Forum.”
3:15 to 5:00 Formal business meeting of RSOL Board of Directors.
- Call to Order
- Treasurers Report by Larry
- Presentation of Meeting Minutes by Alice
- The mission of RSOL New Mexico explained by Lloyd
- Old Business and Committee Reports
- Membership Coordinator by Pat
- Fundraising Coordinator by Larry
- December Quilt Raffle by Rick & Nadine
- Support Group Coordinator
- Name Change Ideas by Rick
- Telephonic Meeting Status by Rick
- State-Wide outreach by Larry
- Last SOMB Report by Rick
- Legal and Legislative Action
- Retroactivity Lawsuit Planning by Larry
- 2014 Legislative Agenda
4. RSOL National Updates
a. National Conference Report by Larry
b. NCSL Report by Larry
- New Business
a. 2014 Election Procedures and Timeline
- Public Comment
December 16, 2013 – January 17 Legislation may be pre-filed
January 21 Opening day (noon)
February 5 Deadline for introduction
February 20 Session ends (noon)
March 12 Legislation not acted upon by governor is pocket vetoed
May 21 Effective date of legislation not a general appropriation bill or
a bill carrying an emergency clause or other specified date